These protein balls are rich in fibre and protein. They're made with chia seeds, which have a high fibre content that can help with constipation. In addition, the protein comes from plant sources like nuts and protein powder, which are great for muscle building.
- 1 cup of natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped dates
- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of your choice of protein powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- Optional: dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs for added flavor and antioxidants
In a large bowl, combine the almond butter (or peanut butter), chia seeds, finely chopped dates, honey (or maple syrup), rolled oats, protein powder, chopped mixed nuts, and ground flaxseed.
Mix all ingredients together until well combined. If the mixture seems too dry, add a bit more almond butter or honey. If it seems too wet, add a bit more protein powder or oats. The mixture should hold together when pressed.
Scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball using your hands. Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used. If desired, press a few chocolate chips or cocoa nibs into the outside of each ball.
Place the protein balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow them to set.
Once set, these protein balls can be eaten immediately or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Nutritional Information (per ball):
- Calories: 200-250 (approx., depends on size)
- Protein: 10-12g (approx., depends on the protein powder used)
- Fiber: 4-5g (approx.)
Enjoy this delicious, high protein, high fibre treat that will help you with your muscle building efforts and improve your digestion!